Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ultrasound

Thank you everyone for your prayers for my ultrasound today! I managed to get through the morning without getting dizzy, even though I couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. I must say though, my stomach was killing me when I woke up and didn't eat (my body is very trained to eat breakfast right when I get up)!

The ultrasound was painful, as I expected, which pretty much confirms that there are still issues going on in my organs. The tech scanned my liver, spleen, pancreas, aorta, bladder, ovaries (no uterus anymore to scan!), and where my gallbladder used to be (nope, I don't have that anymore either!). I have never had so many things looked at during an ultrasound. By the end I was completely covered in gel! Fun fun. I have an appointment with my primary care doctor on Tuesday, so I'm guessing that we will go over everything then.

I want to say a special thank you to our friends Liz & Bryan for letting us drop the kids off at their house as the sun was still rising this morning, for getting our girls off to school, and for watching Ethan so Luke could be at the scan with me! We have amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment