Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Appointment/Ultrasound Results

This morning I met with my primary doctor to basically just have another check-in about everything that's going on. First of all, my blood pressure is slightly better, but not totally, so she's upping the new blood pressure med from half a pill twice a day to a whole pill twice a day. We still don't know what caused the sudden huge jump in my BP. I'd love to not have to be on BP meds, so hopefully we'll figure out the cause sometime soon and be able to eradicate it.

Second, as soon as I got there I said that I have been having symptoms of another UTI. I knew if I had one this would pretty much be a nightmare scenario, but I was 99.9% sure that I did. AND, sure enough, I have another UTI. I just finished my IV antibiotic therapy on Feb. 28th and I have one again already. I am going to need some MAJOR prayers from all of my prayer warriors regarding this. Since a UTI is a bacterial infection, I had to have my blood drawn to check my white blood cell count to see if my number is good enough to fight it or not. I should hear back soon. If my number is not good, I will be back in the hospital, if my number is REALLY bad, an infection like this could be life-threatening. THIS is why it is SO important that I know my body and catch these things as fast as possible! Since we did, and assuming for now that my WBC count is normal, my doctor is putting me on the closest thing to the IV antibiotics that I was on before that is in a pill form that she could find. She gave me the highest dose possible and then added 3 extra days onto the course. It's going to be brutal on my GI tract, so lots of probiotics. And I'm to be super vigilant about my symptoms...if I have ANY back pain or ANY fever, off to the ER I go. Yes, this is my life now. Hopefully it won't be this way forever...please pray for this.

Third, we went over the results of my ultrasound. Overall, things turned out pretty much how I expected it to. My liver and spleen were both still enlarged (not good), and there was a cyst on my right ovary (so now I get to have a follow up on that too, yay). Everything else they scanned looked fine though, including my kidneys, so that was good news.

So I think that's it for now. Please remember me in your prayers and pray that this new infection goes away much more easily this time.

OH, I DO need to mention that it is my sweet Isabelle's 6th birthday today! I actually made it to her school to share lunch with her today, and I'm hoping to make it out for dinner too! These are my first non-doctor related outings since I went into the hospital! Can't miss these precious moments! Happy Birthday, beautiful Isabelle!

Ok, NOW I'm done. I will make sure to keep you all posted, thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment