Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hematologist/Oncologist Appointment Tomorrow

Good evening everyone. I wanted to ask to please pray for me for a restful night's sleep in anticipation of my appointment with the hematologist/oncologist tomorrow. Also, if you could pray that my appointment goes well and for me to be strong, I would really appreciate it. The appointment is in the Cancer Center of the hospital, which is always a nerve-wracking place to visit. I am supposed to be there at 10:00.

I also got a call today letting me know that my ultrasound of my liver and spleen is going to be Thursday morning at 7:30. I am not supposed to eat or drink anything after midnight, and they said to expect the scan to last an hour. I have never heard of fasting before an ultrasound OR one taking so long. I'm not really looking forward to it as I have been consistently having pain and fullness in my upper abdomen, and it is painful when they do the scan. So if you could pray for this as well, that would be wonderful.

I really have no idea how tomorrow morning will go...I'm not sure if I will find out anything, if there will be more testing, if he already knows what's going on or doesn't yet, etc. I'm really scared that he is going to want a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration, but I'm trying not to worry about it until I know for sure. I want to say a special thank you to our friend Bekah for watching Ethan while Luke and I go to the appointment. I will update tomorrow at some point. Good night, and thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment